The Midtown Group has a Washington, DC Client in need of an Administrative Assistant to join their team.
This position performs a variety of administrative, reporting, and clerical services in support of the client’s management. The candidate will provide support and communications to call-in customers, and is responsible for performing a full range of customer service activities including telephone operations, email support and social media as directed. Work is performed under general supervision, requiring the candidate to exercise a moderate degree of independent judgment.
· Compose, format and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, correspondence, agreements, agenda items, statistical charts, and other documents and material; type from rough draft, verbal instruction, independently compose documents related to assigned area of responsibility
· Maintain calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for assigned projects, programs, and staff; coordinate activities with other agency departments, the public, and outside agencies.
- Responsibilities include assisting in providing accurate and timely responses to telephone inquiries from the general public and businesses about schedule, fare, station stop locations, special events and other service related information.
- Serve as first point of contact for external and internal customers, answering general service questions and referring specialized or complex questions to the managers.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, workshops, and training sessions for various groups, boards, and committees; prepare agendas and correspondence; attend meetings and take, transcribe, and assure proper distribution of minutes.
- Establish and maintain various filing systems, schedules, and records; file correspondence, reports, and bulletins; log reports, applications, and/or telephone calls; maintain records related to specific area of assignment.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including copiers and computer; utilize various computer applications and software packages; enter data; manage assigned database; maintain and generate reports from a database or network system; input, maintain, and utilize data to develop reports using spreadsheet software; create, format, and revise charts, graphs, flowcharts, worksheets, booklets, brochures, and forms using word processing, desktop publishing, and other computer applications; organize and maintain disk storage and filing.
- Recommend improvements in work flow, procedures, and use of equipment and forms; implement improvements as approved; develop and revise office forms and report formats as required.
- Ensure that all required supplies are available as needed and that the facility and equipment are in proper working order.
- Assist managers with drafting and updating of rules, procedures and system plans; organize procedures manuals; maintain and distribute hard copies.
- Support payroll activities for staff, using processes and procedures approved by management.
- Use initiative and judgment to prioritize and handle sensitive and confidential requests and inquiries.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of general office policies, principles and practices.
- Excellent customer service skills. Customer service and public relations methods and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including knowledge of proper English grammar and spelling. Ability to respond to customers’ routine questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated punctuality, dependability.
- Skill in researching issues, policies and programs.
- Highly skilled in prioritizing work load and adapting to changes in work load demands.
- Ability to compose and edit written materials according to the principles of good business writing to include skill in proofing and formatting documents, charts, graphs, and tables.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relations with coworkers.
Minimum Education Level & Type: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Minimum Experience Qualifications: 2 years
This job specification is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job‐related instructions as requested by their supervisor.
IF INTERESTED IN THE POSITION:
Please contact email@example.com with your name, contact info, and résumé.