ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
Ensures consistency with the Client's standards; negotiating contract terms with vendors, and pursuing cost savings opportunities consistent with the agency’s goals. Provides guidance and expertise regarding vendor contracts by collaborating with internal teams (i.e., Finance, Facilities, and the Sports and Entertainment Division) to ensure alignment on contract frameworks and standards. Analyzes vendor contracts to ensure accuracy before sending for approval, and advising on templates, processes, and policies. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs, analyzing and implementing necessary processes and practices. Managing contracts with some direction to help meet the respective program objectives.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with federal and local procurement practices.
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workloads and deadlines
- Must possess outstanding research and analysis skills
- Must possess excellent English oral and written communication skills.
CORE COMPETENCIES (SPECIALIST)
- Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to converse effectively, both orally and in writing and utilize standard telephones, 2 way radios, and smartphones.
- Ability to read instructions, directions, letters, memoranda, and other written materials.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year College or University in a business, engineering, economics or finance related field
- 3+ years’ experience in contract management or strongly related field
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Understanding of strategic sourcing / RFP Process.
- Strong analytical, strategic, and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint, MS Visio, Project and PowerPoint.