The Midtown Group is seeking a Cybersecurity Process Manager. The role is responsible for monitoring the quality of implementing information security policies, processes, and procedures for a Federal Government Entity. They will assist with the strategic risk management of information systems and monitoring of the creation and application of security controls..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advising, drafting, monitoring, and maintaining strategic security policies as well as
their associated procedures;
- Establishing, monitoring, and maintaining information security measures of
- Create and maintain planning documents for the Office of Cybersecurity which range
from plans to support training exercises, rules of engagement, project charters or other
project management-related planning documents
- Advising, monitoring, maintaining, and assisting with the development of a
continuous monitoring information security program.
- This individual will participate in research, design, development, monitoring and reporting of
continuing information security innovations within the Office of Cybersecurity.
- The individual will ensure adherence to organizational configuration policy, guidelines, and the
Information Security policies in order to support a secure environment for House staff
and business partners.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Ability to express oneself professionally with a command of the English language in
both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to conduct briefings and present materials to large audiences and/or senior and
- Must have knowledge of information security program management and project
management principles and techniques;
- PMP certification is preferred.
- CISSP or CISM certification is preferred.
- Expertise administering an informational portal and collaboration tool is preferred.
- Must have knowledge creating process workflows.
- Must have demonstrated expert knowledge with relevant Information Security
federal/special publications as published by the National Institute of Standards and
- Must have knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools that support continuous monitoring
and have expertise in cross-mapping the security controls that scanning tools validate
against NIST Continuous Monitoring domains within NIST SP 800-137, NIST SP 800-
53 revision four, and the Council on Cybersecurity analysis of those tools.
- Must be eligible to attain a favorable Public Trust background investigation with the
ability to attain a Secret clearance.
- Familiarity of networking concepts and principles is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree (preferred) and at minimum, Bachelor’s degree required in
computer science, information assurance or management information systems
and at least 5 years of experience or equivalent work experience