Finance and Human Resources Assistant
The Midtown Group has a Washington, DC Client in need of an Administrative Assistant to join their team.
The responsibilities of this classification include performing technically specialized work in providing account and financial analysis in support of management and policy decisions. Prepares, monitors budgets, develops, and implements strategic plans. Prepares and implements payroll for employees. Prepares spreadsheets, and reports summarizing financial and audit information. Communicates financial and audit requirements to management. This position will also collaborate with management teams to develop long-term human resources plans including implementing programs and processes that support successful business strategies. Responsibilities will include: recruiting and facilitating the interview, selection, and hiring processes; coaching/counseling employees regarding company policies; resolving sensitive employment issues; ensuring compliance with existing guidelines on compensation issues and benefits administration.
Performs administrative work by processing paperwork, preparing billing information, communicating issues to various personnel and maintaining files.
- Prepares specialized reports by gathering data and budget reports, preparing spreadsheets, summarizing, reconciling, analyzing, and/or consolidating financial information.
- Reviews monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly and works with the accounting team to make any necessary reclassifications.
- Prepares and validates expense reports. Obtains receipts as needed, and reconciles all credit card charges.
- Verifies, compiles and records employee time and payroll data using processes and procedures approved by Management.
- Gathers and submits key performance indicators and supporting documentation required for client billing to the accounting team.
- Supports the managers in all H.R. activities such as; new hire enrollment, benefits, FMLA, EEO and grievances.
- Maintains confidential records and office files in accordance with procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of general office policies, principles and practices.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including knowledge of proper English grammar and spelling.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematics.
- Demonstrated punctuality, dependability.
- Skill in researching issues, policies and programs.
- Skill in prioritizing work load and adapting to changes in work load demands.
- Ability to compose and edit written materials according to the principles of good business writing to include skill in proofing and formatting documents, charts, graphs, and tables.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relations with coworkers, management, representatives of other agencies, elected officials and the general public.
Minimum Education Level & Type: Bachelor’s Degree Required
Minimum Qualifications: 2 years’ experience
This job specification is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job‐related instructions as requested by their supervisor.
If Interested in the Position:
Please contact email@example.com with your name, cover letter, and résumé.