Reporting to the project manager, the project management coordinator will be responsible for a range of project support and management tasks to ensure the successful execution of Digital User Experience initiatives in accordance with the agreed upon objectives, scope, timeline and budget of the request. These duties will include gathering and refining project objectives and requirements, helping to set project strategy and define project plans, managing stakeholder engagement, and working with partners in the DUX team to identify resource needs and communicate project priorities. It is anticipated that multiple concurrent projects will be in progress at any one time and will typically involve and impact multiple departments.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage both the intake of project requests and DUX initiated projects to manage expectations, define scope, define timelines, develop schedules and support the DUX team in helping to define strategic requirements and benefits for the project.
- Work cross-functionally across UMUC departments to manage stakeholder engagement and resolve conflicts.
- Manage the execution of projects by working with the DUX team and, as needed, the creative services and marketing project management teams, to ensure project needs and objectives are clearly communicated and teams have all necessary documentation and assets to fulfill the needs of the project.
- Monitor project timelines, budgets, and scope to ensure all projects deliver stated scope on-time and on-budget.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience. The ideal candidate will have the ability to respond to status requests on demand, be a self-starter, and exceptionally organized and comfortable with enforcing timelines across internal resources and external clients. This person will also be highly collaborative, resourceful and flexible, with the ability to develop creative solutions and prioritize based on a changing environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to coordinate many projects and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment. Experience with Jira and Agile is a plus.