The data architect's role is to serve as a subject matter expert and perform tasks that contribute to the successful implementation and employment of the data architecture. This role, in addition to Enterprise Architecture activities, must support both custom developed applications and vendor COTS implementations.
Daily activities include working with application data architects, development team members, to define and revise enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models; create data models that conform to existing standards and conventions; provide leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies; revise data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards; and partner with business stakeholders to implement business data requirements, and with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
Additional responsibilities include end-to end data lifecycle management activities, evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies and standards, and ensuring consistency between data management, enterprise storage and all other technical system components. This role requires close collaboration with the I&FS Data Management team to define conceptual models and implement logical and physical models.
The Resource’s responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- 5-7 years of experience with information technology programs and services, with demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management and related technologies.
- 5-7 years of data architect experience, including transactional data stores and data warehouse.
- Experience with ER/Studio Data Modeler V7 or a comparable data modeling tool.
- Enterprise Data Dictionary and domain management, and metadata management.
- Experience working as a member of distributed data architecture teams.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology and concepts and how to provide data architecture runway with sufficient lead time ahead of development sprints.
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies, and systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with enterprise data management, information security, systems and applications development.
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms, ETL tools, SQL and ER/Studio.
- Understanding of National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standards and interfaces, and applicable Group Health and Welfare and Pension administration functions.