Communications (COMM) - strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Integrated Communications department helps realize this objective by supporting organizational and project level communications across our client.
As the Change Management Communications Senior Officer for the Strategy Realization Office, you will support the planning, development, execution and socialization of organization-wide initiatives and campaigns to help execute our client’s new strategy to transform into a Fourth Sector Organization. This will include developing and implementing a communication campaign to convey key messages about the strategy and transformation to raise awareness and secure commitment among staff across the organization. This work will be in support the execution of an organization-wide, multi-year change management and culture realization strategy currently being implemented. This will involve, but not be limited to, providing strategic direction on internal initiatives, as well as advising and counseling C-suite leaders. In this effort you will be responsible for liaising with the Integrated Communications Team to manage the day-to-day execution of internal communications efforts related to the transformation and coordinate with teams at our client’s HQ and global network. This position reports to the Senior Director for Strategy Realization and Change Management.
Employee Engagement to Support Change Management
- Contribute to the planning and development of an overarching change management communications campaign to advance our client’s strategy realization efforts, and manage its operational and tactical execution
- Engage with internal stakeholders to establish change agents and “change sponsors” among Pact teams
- Work with the Integrated Communications Department to ensure that all internal communications carry relevant strategy and transformation messaging
- Provide change management communications and engagement counsel and support to senior leaders, departments directors and/or strategic initiative leads on strategy and transformation work
- Ensure the execution of the engagement strategy/campaign to support the transformation is consistent with and aligned with the wider global communications strategy developed by the Integrated Communications team.
- Liaise with our client HQ Strategic Priority leads/Global teams to capture ‘success stories’ related to the transformation.
- Work with Integrated Communications to produce material for the digital displays in Washington DC to promote strategy and transformation awareness.
- Coordinate with Strategic Priority leads, Program Delivery, Country Offices and other parts of our client to ensure consistent, impactful and timely communications related to the strategy, including via Mosaic, our client’s intranet channel.
- Manage the Mosaic Transformation pages to ensure that strategy and transformation communications materials are appropriately curated, and the Mosaic page is being used as one vehicle to support the execution of the Integrated Communications strategy/campaign
- Collaborate closely with our client’s C-suite in managing the execution of communications initiatives related to the strategy and transformation.
- Provide counsel and work with Integrated Communications to leverage and develop innovative staff engagement channels and platforms to promote the strategy and transformation.
- As part of the Transformation Communications Strategy/Campaign, develop and manage the creation of all transformation internal communications collateral, and correspondences (including but not limited to: emails, blog posts, newsletters/quarterly update, town halls, intranet collaboration space management)
- Work with Integrated Communications to integrate “change” messaging into existing and new staff engagement channels
- Develop and manage editorial and content for C-suite change communications in close collaboration with the Integrated Communications Department
- Consult and coach strategic initiative leads on change management communication opportunities
- Work with the Integrated Communications Department to develop an externally facing communications strategy that engages with the wider development community to enlist support for our client’s strategy and transformation and help shape the nature of development practice
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress, including indicators of adoptions, socialization, and moraleBasic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the fields of communication, development, business, or a related field.
- At least 5+ years of experience in internal communications, change management, public relations, public affairs or related rolesPreferred Qualifications
- Any relevant marketing certifications/qualifications an advantage
- Change Management or equivalent certification an advantage
- Proven experience in an internal communication, or change management communications capacity, either in an agency, in-house, or as a consultant
- Experience undertaking repositioning processes in a large organization, and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to manage communications for C-suite leadership and provide high-level strategic counsel on employee engagement efforts
- Track-record of creating and/or leveraging effective communications channels for 2-way engagement – including digital and social channels
- Ability to clearly articulate and customize messages to a very culturally diverse and geographically dispersed workforce
- Flexible and adaptable; Comfortable working with ambiguous scenarios with the ability to pivot directions as needed
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization and support various stakeholders
- Ability to sell ideas with persuasion and good marketing skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Familiarity working with and collaborating with outside consultants
- Experience working in a global non-governmental organization a plus
- Foreign language experience -especially French or Spanish – a plus
Pay: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year