Our client envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
Our client aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of cloud solutions and services. To this end, our client is investing in a dedicated customer success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate applications development cloud solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the cloud platform in collaboration with customers and the client's field in strategic accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and the client's applications development platform.
You will own the cloud applications development technical customer engagements including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Application Development & DevOps solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (the client and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a application modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key application development and devops technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, Java/node.js, DevOps and OSS tools)
- Drive long-term platform adoption by helping customers to develop cloud native projects (e.g. serverless, PCF, Openshift, Service Fabric), supporting them to make the appropriate technical choices and infusing coding practices
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be a voice of customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be an cloud platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Assess the customers' knowledge of cloud platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep domain expertise of cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry), continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet), web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM), one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive; breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required
- Experience and understanding of large scale applications portfolio in enterprise-wide environment (including migration of on premise workloads to the cloud) required
- Experience and understanding of large scale application development projects (including key coding skills and practices) required
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects), architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (developers, Senior Executives and IT management)
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, Softlayer desired
- Travel required: 0-30%
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Pay: $145,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year