Our client is seeking temporary Collections Specialists to start assisting their Downtown DC Law Office immediately.
Duration: 6 Months+ w/ opportunity to convert to perm
Pay Rate: $17.00
The Collection Specialist is responsible for the preparation and filing of documents relating to the collection of past due assessments and legal fees for the Community Association Section clients.
- Prepares documents relating to the Collection function of the Community Association Section for review by the handling attorney, from the initial notice to the delinquent party and steps up to and including the filing of a lawsuit and post judgment activities.
- Reconciles and updates Statement of Account.
- Communicates with management companies, homeowners and attorneys.
- Builds and maintains professional relationship with management company personnel.
- Calculates account payoff values and provides payoff information to homeowners and mortgage companies.
- Updates and maintains client files, including physical files and the computerized collections tracking system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in problem resolution.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Outlook, and in the use of the Internet for research.
- 3 – 5 years professional office experience, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Undergraduate degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Candidate must take assessments for Word, Excel, Spelling and Grammar.
- Candidate must clear on a National level Background Check.