Our client is seeking an eDiscovery technician to support a Centralized Processing Intake (CPI) team with receiving, tracking, and verifying electronic files as they arrive from external parties such as law firms, financial institutions, and public citizens to aid federal attorneys and investigators with their case material.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
•Logging incoming/outgoing productions
•Contacting producing parties to obtain necessary passwords or clarifications regarding the purpose of the production when such information is easily discernible.
•Digesting accompanying cover letters and analyzing the requirements of the incoming productions.
•Performing virus scanning of the productions off-network using multiple virus protection software and
•Copying production data to designated network locations.
•Comparing production data against established requirements to determine its completeness.
•Monitoring email boxes for submission via email.
•Scanning volumes of physical paper as needed.
- BA degree or 3 years of relevant work experience.
- 3 Years of relevant legal and/or technical experience is required.
- Previous litigation support or eDiscovery experience is required.
- Experience performing some of the duties outlined above in the job description.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a federal government background check.
- An ability to multitask
- Familiarity with MS Office applications such as Word and Outlook is required.
- Must have attention to detail even while multitasking
- Previous experience with recognizing various electronic file types (e.g. Word, Excel, PST, ZIP) strongly
- Previous experience with virus/malware checking electronic files is helpful.
- Previous experience scanning hard-copy documents into an electronic form.
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Duration: 6+ Months