Our client is an international, not-for-profit organization. The client was founded in 1933 and represents the state, provincial, and territorial officials in the United States and Canada, who administer and enforce motor vehicle laws.
Core Values: As an organization, our client believes core values are critical to individual success and effectiveness. Every individual will exhibit behaviors consistent with the following core values:
- Integrity and honesty in every interaction.
- Full accountability for individual behaviors.
- Customer service that is professional, responsive and positive.
- Innovation, collaboration and creativity in planning and problem solving
The Software Engineer is responsible for planning, processing and performing all assigned tasks in an efficient manner. The Engineer is also responsible for performing programming tasks pertaining to the creation, enhancement, and maintenance of the client applications. The Software Engineer is also responsible for production support of the client applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement features and implemented code modules as required by product owners and as per task assignments
- Write automated unit tests for each class that makes up a module
- Write automated integration tests for each module
- Make sure the code modules are added in a way that they can be easily integrated into the client’s continuous integration environment
- Ensure the code modules pass the client’s coding standards
- Maintain existing central site applications and provide support on production issues
- Fix bugs and work with other teams such as QA and Operations to ensure proper fixes get into production systems
Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences from an accredited college. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must have skills:
- 5+ years of experience in writing software, programs in .Net or JAVA environment.
- Very strong in C# including solid knowledge of .Net features such Exceptions, Memory management, Reflection, and LINQ
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Broad experience working with a wide range of managers, developers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the team
- 1+ years of development experience building integration solutions using web services built with WCF, WSDL, SOAP or REST.
- Some working knowledge and experience of Entity Framework or nHibernate
- Must have working experience with features in .Net 4.0 such as LINQ.
- Working knowledge of OOD, design patterns.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Pay: $60.00 – $75.00 per hour