The Software Engineer is responsible for planning, processing and performing all assigned tasks in an efficient manner. The Engineer is also responsible for performing programming tasks pertaining to the creation, enhancement, and maintenance of our client’s applications. The Software Engineer is also responsible for production support of all applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement features and implemented code modules as required by product owners and as per task assignments
- Write automated unit tests for each class that makes up a module
- Write automated integration tests for each module
- Make sure the code modules are added in a way that they can be easily integrated into their continuous integration environment
- Ensure the code modules pass client’s coding standards
- Maintain existing central site applications and provide support on production issues
Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences from an accredited college. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
Must have skills:
- 5+ years of experience in writing software, programs in .Net or JAVA environment.
- Very strong in C# including solid knowledge of .Net features such Exceptions, Memory management, Reflection, and LINQ
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Broad experience working with a wide range of managers, developers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the team
- 1+ years of development experience building integration solutions using web services built with WCF, WSDL, SOAP or REST.
- Some working knowledge and experience of Entity Framework or nHibernate
- Must have working experience with features in .Net 4.0 such as LINQ.
- Working knowledge of OOD, design patterns.
- Familiarity with .NET CORE is a HUGE PLUS